Ansøgningsfrist: Snarest muligt
Are you passionate about on-brand design? Do you have a structured approach to creative tasks? And would you call yourself an out-of-the-box thinker who, together with your team and many stakeholders, can transform any brief into a brilliant idea and deliver it successfully?
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you for this position as our new Design Manager! You will be part of the Creative function within our smart, driven and fun-loving Northern European Communications team. Together, we are responsible for the internal communication between Specsavers’ six support offices and 450+ stores in Northern Europe, as well as for the design of communication materials for internal and external (non-consumer) purposes.
What you’ll do
In this role, you will lead our Design team that consists of two creative graphic designers and you. You will make sure that all materials and visual assets are designed and developed in an engaging and effective way to support the Specsavers brand, whether for internal audiences (support offices and stores) or for external purposes (employer branding and industry communication activities). To do this, you will get to use your creative and planning skills actively while working closely with many different stakeholders across our Northern European region (Denmark, Finland, the Netherlands, Norway and Sweden). You will work from our support office in Hvidovre.
Your job tasks will be to:
- Set the goals and the overall direction for the Design team, supporting the daily work and development of the two graphic designers, and keeping deadlines in check
- Handle incoming design briefs from teams across the business and plan the team’s workload to keep an overview of upcoming and ongoing projects
- Lead the development of any new visual concepts – on your own or with an external agency – and ensure that these meet business needs while still adhering to brand guidelines
- Create informative and inspirational designs based on briefs from internal clients e.g. ads, flyers, brochures, online content, guides and presentations
- Promote best practice and knowledge transfer between the Northern European region and the global Specsavers organisation
- Be the owner of system licenses and keep a close relationship with external vendors such as agencies, freelancers and printers.
Who you are
As our Design Manager, you have the heart of a designer and the mind of a planner. You live for good design, and your passion shows in your positive can-do attitude and your eye for detail. You feel at home in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, and you’re good at thinking out of the box and challenging the status quo. Most of all, you are a natural team player who knows how to support, challenge and lift your team. Working with you is fun and you are always keen on sharing a good laugh with your colleagues.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Experience in leading a creative team and developing exciting visual concepts and designs
- Excellent stakeholder management and planning skills
- High proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.)
- Basic video production and editing skills
- Full command of Word and PowerPoint
In addition to the above, you are a great communicator, and possess a high level of spoken and written English. Since we develop most materials in six languages, knowledge of the Nordic languages or Dutch is a plus.
What’s in it for you
At Specsavers, also known as Louis Nielsen in Denmark, we are on a journey to transform healthcare – making it accessible to everyone who needs it.
We have been recently voted as the top European retailer by Great Place to Work 2020. At Specsavers/Louis Nielsen, we are constantly progressing and very passionate about being the best in everything we do.
As our Design Manager, you will have great influence as to how we position Specsavers and Louis Nielsen as a brand, employer and active player in the eye and hearing care industry. This role is a fantastic opportunity for you to grow professionally and develop your strategic thinking and creative skillset in a large, international company.
On top of that, you also get to enjoy the following perks:
- Join a smart, passionate, and confident team with colleagues from many nationalities
- Great training and development opportunities where no two days will be the same in our fast-moving matrix environment
- A flexible schedule with the possibility of working from home
- A salary package matching your qualifications with a pension scheme, health insurance and other staff benefits
- Be part of a business that serves a significant impact on the future of eye and hearing care.
Interested? We want to hear from you!
If we ticked all the right boxes, send us your application letter and CV using the button below. We’re on the lookout for the right person to join us as soon as possible, so please apply as soon as you’re ready!
Should you have any questions about the position, feel free to contact Tiina Bindner, Head of Communication for Northern Europe, at +45 30107678.