Ansøgningsfrist: 1. december 2021
What we do is simple – we send people on holiday, and who doesn’t love that? But we couldn’t do it without our property owners, the people who provide the setting for your perfect getaway. We’ve got an exciting new position available for an experienced marketer to lead our strategy on the Novasol brand, setting the standard for how we communicate our brand and proposition to potential homeowners. Based from our office in Virum, North Copenhagen, this role would see you responsible for our offline marketing across 19 countries in Europe.
We are Europe’s largest manager of holiday rental properties, with 110,000 units under management in over 600 destinations in 25 countries across the continent. Our purpose is simple – to delight owners and guests. The business operates more than 25 consumer brands including Cottages.com, Novasol, Hoseasons, Landal and James Villa Holidays. More than 8 million people stayed in one of our properties in 2019.
The vacation rental market has been growing strongly over the last few years, with people desiring the space, flexibility and uniqueness provided. The current global pandemic has only served to strengthen that trend. Summer 2020 saw unprecedented demand, and we’re not slowing down.
We’re officially the number one vacation rentals business in the world, but we’re still on a growth trajectory and we’re always looking at adding to our portfolio of properties. This role is about promoting our brand and services to homeowners who could potentially join the Novasol portfolio, showcasing our best in market letting support and the benefits of global marketing. The Novasol brand operates in 19 countries across Europe, so we don’t take a one size fits all approach; instead, we use a mixture of digital and offline marketing practices, tailored to specific geographic regions, to raise brand awareness and drive potential leads to our business development teams who are out in the field.
What you’ll be doing
We know it sounds cliché, but this is genuinely a role where no two days will be the same. Of course you’ll have core responsibilities, but we operate in a culture of trust, and we encourage you to find the best way of working and use your creativity to drive the best results. Day to day, your role will include:
- Planning and implementing offline marketing activities in different geographical regions in order to support targets and to complement our digital marketing strategy
- Identifying region-specific areas for development within our marketing strategy; this could encompass broadcast media, out of home advertising, print, postal campaigns, in-person events – the sky is the limit!
- Ensuring that all marketing collateral, assets and communications adhere to our brand guidelines and are of a high standard
- Taking accountability for monitoring and reporting on marketing activities. We want to be able to demonstrate how we’re adding value, so ensuring we can form a clear view on ROI is key, so that we can optimise future activity
- Leading on key projects within the offline marketing space
- Scheduling and managing direct mail, where appropriate, and ensuring that it is executed in a way that drives results
- Supporting our presence at events, and ensuring our collateral and supporting event documentation is in line with our brand guidelines. Event management may mean that you’re required to travel at times
- Competitor analysis and research, identifying areas for growth
Key skills we need:
We’re a team full of energy and with a passion for what we do, so it’s key that you’re enthusiastic, driven and keen to be part of a team. What else do you need in order to succeed in this role?
- A demonstrable background in offline marketing, specifically when it comes to demonstrating ROI
- Experience of managing sizeable budgets
- Experience across traditional channels such as OOH, ATL, print, affiliates and events
- A creative approach
- Fluent Danish language skills, both spoken and written
- You’re passionate about travel
- Ideally, you’ll have had some experience of working within leisure/travel
Equally as important as all the technical “stuff”, we’re looking for someone who is hungry to learn, irrespective of their seniority. We don’t believe in standing still (we work in travel, after all), but instead think that everyone should be learning, all the time. Whether it’s a new piece of software, an industry event or a mentoring opportunity, we will support you to grow your skillset.
If you’re excited by working in a fast paced environment, are obsessed by all things customer and want to join us on our journey, we’d love to chat.
What we’ll give you
- This is an opportunity for you to join us at a pivotal point in time as we invest in our future
- You’ll be joining a team of genuine, passionate people
- You’ll have the freedom to choose the best way of working to get the job done. We work cross-functionally, so you’ll be given opportunities to develop skills outside of your core skillset.
- You’ll be an integral part of a team which will deliver growth, and who doesn’t want that?
We offer a competitive salary and benefits; we’re all about holidays, so we practise what we preach and offer some great travel discounts. We offer flexible working hours and remote working, too.
· Live your passion. We are in the business of travel and hospitality and we love it. At Awaze you’ll be able to help create memories of a lifetime for our owners and guests. And for yourself as well!
· We are market leaders. We are proud to be the leading managed vacation rental player in Europe. We operate well-known brands with a strong heritage in over twenty countries and have more than 100,000 holiday accommodation choices.
· We have something for everyone, and everyone has a part to play. Whether you care deeply about service, are interested in business development or want to be at the cutting edge of machine learning, our business covers a range of functions that will keep you challenged and help you grow. We work together as a passionate team to provide an excellent guest and owner experience.
· You can make a difference. Our industry is changing rapidly and the future is all to play for. Being part of Awaze means being an integral part of evolving and improving the world of vacation rental.
· We care about the guests, owners and team members that work with us. We are an inclusive organisation that embraces diversity. We are flexible and agile. We are committed to providing a collaborative and inclusive workplace where you can realise your full potential.
What else do you need to know?
We want to make the application process as stress-free as possible, so typically we’ll have an informal chat with you on the phone, followed by a comprehensive interview in our office in Virum, where you’ll have a chance to find out a bit more about the exciting things we’re doing (and maybe tell us what we’re doing wrong). We want to hear about your favourite (and least favourite) projects, what makes you tick and why. (NOVASOL A/S. Virumgårdsvej 27. 2830 Virum.)
If you have further questions, please contact our Marketing Manager, Sofie Brix, on firstname.lastname@example.org / 40205329. To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is 1st December, but please send your application at your earliest convenience, as we are holding interviews on an ongoing basis.
We believe in equal opportunities and aim to create a team that is representative of our society, knowing that embracing differences enhances the capabilities of our business and makes for a happy place to work. We are proud to recognise and celebrate that we have a diverse culture where employees are accepted for who they are, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion or ability.