Ansøgningsfrist / application deadline : Hurtigst muligt/ as soon as possible
What you’ll do
Do you live and breathe digital marketing? And are you looking for the opportunity to learn much more about trends and tendencies within the marketing industry and social media landscape?
If so, we think you should go ahead and apply for this role! At Specsavers Northern European Support Office in Copenhagen, we’re looking for an Online Campaign Manager to develop, activate, track, and optimise our digital marketing campaigns across all digital channels.
What you’ll do
As our Online Campaign Manager, you will be responsible for activating all our many campaigns, ensuring they are launched on time with the right assets and message. Specsavers, also known as Louis Nielsen in Denmark, has some of the industry’s most recognised campaigns. Something we owe to our fantastic agile teams working together across our five markets: Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, and the Netherlands.
You will join Specsavers’ Northern European marketing team of 30+ people in Copenhagen. Your central team consists of two Online Campaign Managers working in different office locations. You all work closely with professionals from our creative teams, digital, media experts and external agencies. Together, we make sure that the Specsavers/Louis Nielsen brand is known for challenging the status quo and constantly delivers impactful campaigns to its audiences.
More specifically, you will:
- Engage in planning digital marketing campaigns, including web, SEO/SEM, social media and display advertising campaigns
- Manage assets and copy to go with our different campaigns, also when it comes to implementing regional organic content for our countries
- Brief our creative and production teams on media assets and make sure all campaign materials are delivered in time to our vendors for them to distribute on all digital channels and social media platforms
- Proof check digital assets regarding layout, copy, formats, and approve material from creative together with the local team in-country
- Handle the dialogue with internal and external stakeholders, e.g. our media agency and our country teams, regarding digital content and formats to go into the campaigns
- Manage the implementation of all digital project roll-outs and adjust web-related content on-site
- Evaluate together with our agencies and country teams to identify trends and insights and continuously optimise spend and performance based on those insights
- Brainstorm and advise on new and creative formats
- Evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and make sure we do so according to guidelines and best practice.
Who you are
We’re are looking for someone with a strong can-do attitude who can follow through on deadlines while prioritising multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. As you will be the key person for communicating with our vendors and other stakeholders, it takes someone with great energy and a positive spirit to fulfil the job ahead.
We also imagine that you:
- Have a strong grasp of current digital and social marketing tools and is able to lead integrated digital marketing campaigns from concept to execution
- Hold a Master degree in interactive digital marketing / communication / media or a related field
- Have proven experience working with digital and social platforms and advertising formats
- A sound understanding of how formats and copy should work in social and digital platforms to be efficient for campaign advertising
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing campaigns in social media, display/ programmatic advertising, web and SEO/SEM.
- Experience in managing and optimising campaigns through systems like; Google Analytics, Facebook Business Manager, YouTube, CMS system, Falcon, Drupal, AdLib, and more
- Linguistic skills in oral and written English plus another Scandinavian language or Dutch speaking
- Has worked across countries in a matrix-structured set-up before within retail is a bonus but not a must.
What’s in it for you
At Specsavers, also known as Louis Nielsen in Denmark, we are on a journey to transform healthcare – making it accessible to everyone who needs it.
Recently voted 3rd best workplace in Denmark 2021 and the top European retailer in 2020 by Great Place to Work, Specsavers/Louis Nielsen is constantly progressing and very passionate about being the best in everything we do.
As Online Campaign Manager, you will work cross-functionally with some of the industry’s most talented experts within optical and audiology care and learn all about the differences and similarities that exist between our five markets.
On top of that, you also get to enjoy the following perks:
- Join a smart, passionate, and confident team with colleagues from many nationalities
- Great training and development opportunities where no two days will be the same in our fast-moving matrix environment
- A flexible schedule with the possibility of working from home and business travelling around Europe, when necessary
- A salary package matching your qualifications with a pension scheme, health insurance and other staff benefits
- Be part of a business that serves a significant impact on the future of eye and hearing care.
Is this you? Great!
Then we would love to hear from you. To apply, send your application using the button below.
We’re on the lookout for the right person to join us as soon as possible, so please apply with your CV, and you’ll hear from us very soon.
It should also be noted that the role of Online Campaign Manager is temporary as cover for maternity leave for 12 months. However, since our organisation is developing fast, follow-up opportunities may become available.
If you have any questions about this position, you are more than welcome to contact our Director of Media and Communication Northern Europe, Claus Hjorth, at + 45 61 24 99 99.
Questions about the Recruitment process goes to Senior Talent Acquisition Partner, Marianne Selch at +45 22 18 95 98.
We are a Great Place to Work!
Specsavers is an employer with equal opportunities for everyone. Because we’re all different, just like the customers we help every day. We treat people fairly. Create an environment that respects and values differences. And recognise the part everybody plays towards making Specsavers an even greater place to work.
Covid-19 has turned our world upside down, but that shouldn’t stop your career. Rest assured that our priority is to keep you and our colleagues safe. This could mean that interviews take place in an office, by phone or video. No worries, we’re just as friendly online as we are in real life.